Patents*As technology rapidly advances to directly affect today’s global economy, an emphasis on patent protection is even more important since a patent portfolio can define and steer a company towards success. As patent laws change and evolve, having a knowledgeable patent attorney is recommended when seeking intellectual property protection.
Our patent attorneys are experienced in obtaining patents, both domestic and international, in a wide range of technologies including electrical, biotechnology and life sciences, business methods, chemical, computer hardware and software, e-commerce, materials, mechanical, and optical. Our patent attorneys are also experienced in obtaining design patents for the ornamental aspects of a particular product as well as providing preliminary studies and opinions on the novelty of inventions, patent infringement and patent validity. Our patent services also include:
- International and U.S. patent prosecution;
- Product clearance studies;
- Infringement/non-infringement opinions;
- Patentability opinions;
- Validity and invalidity opinions;
- Licensing and technology transfer agreements; and
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
* Unless a registered patent attorney or agent, an attorney who is board certified in intellectual property by the Florida Bar (a non-exclusionary certification with respect to practicing law) cannot prepare or prosecute a patent application. Therefore, if wishing to discuss a patent application with one of our professionals, please seek out one of our registered patent attorneys or registered patent agent.