Shanti has experience litigating all phases of complex commercial disputes and has been practicing law since 2004. Her corporate practice includes evaluating, structuring, and managing intellectual property-centered commercial transactions, including licensing and sales. She has structured licensing, joint venture, and collaboration agreements on behalf of her clients.
Shanti initially attended law school at the University of Miami, before transferring to Stetson University where she graduated in 2004. While at the University of Miami, Shanti earned book awards in Contracts, Legal Research and Writing II, and Elements of Law. At Stetson, Shanti also received Highest Grade awards in Business Associations, Criminal Law, and ERISA Litigation. Prior to entering law school, Shanti worked two years as a full time research associate in a genetics/molecular biology lab at the University of South Florida.
In the community, Shanti is a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. She has given guest lectures on Intellectual Property and Finance at the University of Central Florida and Rollins College. Shanti is on the Board of Directors of the Adsila Retreat, a 501(c)3 nonprofit retreat situated on 270 pristine acres in the upstate New York Adirondack mountains for human trafficking healing retreats & leadership summits for outstanding nonprofits.
Areas of Practice:
Intellectual Property, Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Business Transactions, and Related Litigation
Moderator, Design Patent Litigation - Tips for Advocates at the 7th Annual Intellectual Property Symposium, Orlando, Florida, April 2016
- S. Hill, “The Slants and Redskins: Trademarks, the First Amendment, and the Supreme Court – Can the Government Ban Registration of Trademarks It Deems Disparaging?”, The Briefs, a publication of the Orange County Bar Association, January 2, 2017
- Co-author, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal Case Law, “Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, 2016 Edition - Intellectual Property Law”
- State Bar of Florida
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law
St. Petersburg, Florida, 2004, J.D.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Contracts (University of Miami)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research & Writing (University of Miami)
- Book Award: Elements of Law (University of Miami)
- Book Award: Business Associations (Stetson)
- Book Award: Criminal Law (Stetson)
- Book Award: ERISA Litigation (Stetson)
- University of South Florida
Tampa, Florida, Chemistry B.A.
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association
- Chair, Intellectual Property Committee (2016-2017)
- Member, Materials Research Society