Molinelli, E., M. Kennelly, G. Muncill, and D. Ondercin. “Statistical Modeling of Bioluminescence Vertical Structure in the Summer North Atlantic,” Technical Report for The Johns Hopkins University, Applied Physics Laboratory, Planning Systems, McLean, VA, October 1993.
Molinelli, E., G. Muncill, and C. Harpel. “Feasibility of Using Neural Networks in a System to Estimate Upwelling Features.” Final Report for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Planning Systems, McLean, VA, December 1992.
Molinelli, E., G. Muncill, and K. Pepe. “Progress with Neural Network Gulf Streams.” Proceedings of the Automated Interpretation of Oceanographic Satellite Imagery Workshop, ed. M. Lybanon, Naval Research Laboratory, Stennis Space Center, MS, February 1991.
Molinelli, E., M. Kennelly, and K. Bush. “Exuma Sound Ocean Current Analysis.” Technical Report for U.S. Navy, David Taylor Research Center Planning Systems, McLean, VA, January 1990.
Teague, W., M. Carron, and E. Molinelli. “A New System for Management of the ‘Master Oceanographic Observation Data Set’ (MOODS).” EOS, Transactions of the American Geophysical Union 68, no. 22 (2 June 1987): 553, 558–9.
Gordon, A., and E. Molinelli. Southern Ocean Atlas: Thermohaline and Chemical Distributions. New York: Columbia University Press, 1982.
Molinelli, E. “The Antarctic Influence on Antarctic Intermediate Water.” Journal of Marine Research 39 (1981): 267–93.
Molinelli, E., “Isohaline Thermoclines in the Southeast Pacific Ocean,” Journal of Physical Oceanography 8 (1978): 1139–45.
Taylor, H., A. Gordon, and E. Molinelli. “Climatic Characteristics of the Antarctic Polar Front Zone.” Journal of Geophysical Research 83, no. C9 (1978): 4572–78.
Gordon, A., E. Molinelli, and T. Baker. “Large-Scale Relative Dynamic Topography of the Southern Ocean.” Journal of Geophysical Research 83, no. C6 (1978): 3023–32.
- "Software Protection Options and Open Source.” Presentation at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Seminar, New York, NY, 2004.
- “Invention and Inventorship.” Presentation at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Technology Transfer Seminar, Laurel, MD, November 1999.
- U. S. Patent and Trademark Office
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
J.D. December 1997 (Night Division)
Intellectual Property Track courses: Patent Law; PTO Practice; Theory of Intellectual Property; Trademarks; Patent Infringement; Patent Damages; Electrical/Mechanical Patent Practice; Copyright; and Patent and Know-How Licensing.
Selected for Law Review, 1995
- Columbia University, New York City, New York
Ph.D. May 1979, Ocean Physics (Physical Oceanography).
M.Phil. 1977, M.A. 1974.
National Science Foundation Antarctic Service Medal, 1978
Graduate Research Assistantship, Columbia University, 1975–1978
Faculty Fellowship, Columbia University, 1973–1974
Sigma Xi, Columbia University, 1973.
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana B.S. Summa cum laude, Physics, 1973 Phi Beta Kappa, University of Notre Dame, 1973 National Science Foundation Summer Fellowship, Argonne National Laboratory, 1972 Editor-in-chief, Notre Dame Science Quarterly, 1971–1972
- Advanced Research Projects Agency Technology Transfer Program, for the use of microelectro-mechanical systems in tactical oceanographic measurements, 1994.
- National Marine Fisheries Service of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, for the application of neural networks and principal components to monitoring oceanic upwelling, 1992.
- Naval Research Laboratory, for neural network detection of the Gulf Stream in images of sea surface temperature, 1988.
- Naval Research Laboratory, for physical sediment modeling to predict acoustic reflection loss from seafloor sediments, 1985.
- Commonwealth of Virginia Small Business Technology Trailblazers Award, 1986, awarded to Planning Systems Incorporated.