Erica completed her capstone defense and graduated with a Master’s in Biomedical Science in December of 2016. Erica’s capstone defense centered around cancer treatment therapies, and specifically, her research focused on immunotherapy as a chemotherapy and radiation alternative. In particular, Erica’s research included immune checkpoint inhibitors, cancer-based vaccines, and cytokines as immunotherapy-based treatment methods for cancer therapy.
Prior to joining Beusse Wolter Sanks & Maire, PLLC, Erica attended Barry University School of Law with a focus on patent law and other intellectual property matters where she received a book award in Patents. Before attending law school, Erica worked as a Certified Pharmacy Technician for several years in outpatient and inpatient hospital pharmacies as well as compounding and retail pharmacies throughout both Central Florida and Utah. Erica is well versed in the Spanish language.
Areas of Practice:
Patent, Trademark and Copyright prosecution (filing patent, trademark and copyright applications, responding to patent and trademark office actions)
Specific Areas of Patent Preparation and/or Prosecution Experience:
Biomedical related products; medical/surgical devices; new gene discoveries; stem cell based therapies; therapeutics and pharmaceuticals for treatment/prevention of disease; drug delivery systems; diagnostics; and basic electromechanical devices.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
Master of Science, Biomedical Sciences, 2016
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
Juris Doctor, 2010
Honors: Book Award, Patent Law
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida Bachelor of Arts Degree, Biology, 2006
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Seminole County Bar Association – Young Lawyer Section, Board Member
- Orange County Bar Association – Young Lawyer Section, Committee Member
- University of Central Florida Biomedical Sciences Graduate Students Association’s Careers in Science Symposium